The Gateway Certificate of Deposit
Open A High Yield Certificate Of Deposit And Watch Your Savings Grow.
Apply for a 13 month Promo CD up to:
- No fees and easy to open
- Fixed rates more than 2x the national average*
- Online banking access
The calculator is for illustrative purposes only and may not apply to your individual circumstances. Calculated values assume that principal and interest remain on deposit and are rounded down to the nearest dollar. All APYs are subject to change. See below for 7 and 13 month national average comparison details.*
How to Get Started
Start saving for your future in a matter of minutes.
Click Open a 13 Month Promo CD Account
Easily navigate our secure online account opening process.
Provide two forms of identification
Have your social security number and driver’s license handy.
Make a deposit
Link to your bank account to transfer funds and start saving!
Resume Your Application
What can you do in
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a secure way to store your cash and earn interest over time. With great rates and terms ranging from 6 to 60 months, we offer multiple options that can help you meet your goals.
7 Month Promo CD
Up to 0.55% APY
13 Month Promo CD
Up to 0.75% APY
6 Month APY
Up to 0.35%
12 Month APY
Up to 0.50%
24 Month APY
Up to 0.60%
36 Month APY
Up to 0.65%
48 Month APY
Up to 0.70%
60 Month APY
Up to 0.75%
|Interest Rate||Annual Percentage Yield||Interest Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|(under $25k)||($25k or more)|
|7 month promo||0.45%||0.45%||0.55%||0.55%|
|13 month promo||0.65%||0.65%||0.75%||0.75%|
- Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) accurate as of 04/06/2021
- $500 or $25,000 minimum balance to earn stated APY. Click VIEW ALL RATES for details.
- Deposit products, interest rates, and Annual Percentage Yields may vary for businesses, financial institutions, and public funds, and are not available to brokers or dealers
- *The rates of our 7 month CD are more than 2x the national 6 month CD average, while the rates of our 13 month CD are more than 2x the national 12 month CD average, both published in the FDIC Weekly National Rates and Rate Caps as of April 1st, 2021.
- *The rates of our 6 month and 12 month CDs are more than 2x the national average published in the FDIC Weekly National Rates and Rate Caps as of April 1st, 2021
- A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal.
- Consumer deposit accounts not available in the following states: Alaska, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
- 7 and 13 month Promo CDs automatically renew into 6 and 12 month CDs, respectively.
What’s the minimum deposit amount to open my CD? What about the maximum deposit?
The minimum deposit is $500 but know that you may get a higher rate on your CD if you have a higher opening deposit. There is a $500,000 maximum limit when funding by ACH online.
Are there any fees to open or maintain my CD?
No, not one!
What’s the minimum term length for my CD? What about the maximum?
The minimum term is 6 months, while the maximum is 60 months. But we hope you choose to renew your CD with us!
Can I add funds to my CD after I’ve opened my account?
Unfortunately, no. Once you’ve funded your CD, you’ll have to wait until it matures to add more funds to your account. But with our low minimum-opening balance, you can open another CD!
Are there penalties if I want to withdraw from my CD early?
There may be penalties associated with early withdrawals from your CD account.
Is Gateway First Bank insured by the FDIC?
You bet! Gateway First Bank is a member of the FDIC. That means you can rest assured knowing each depositor at Gateway is insured up to at least $250,000.
Gateway First Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). That means you can rest assured knowing each depositor at Gateway is insured up to at least $250,000.